The Learning Experience is looking for a Center Director for our NEW CENTER OPENING SOON in Sugar Land, Texas!
The Learning Experience is the fastest growing childcare operator and franchiser in the United States. Having experienced unprecedented growth, TLE has more than 150 centers operating in 18 states with another 70 centers under development. We are searching for enthusiastic, hard-working candidates with a love of children to share in our success! For more information visit us at www.thelearningexperience.com.
The Learning Experience offers a generous compensation package including: competitive salary, paid holiday/vacation/sick time, childcare benefits, and CPR/First Aid training in addition to an extensive 90 day training program.
The Center Director will oversee the day to day operations of the center while demonstrating exceptional professional conduct and consideration for the educational development, safety and welfare of the children and staff.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards of the children and staff
- Processing leads, conducting tours and ensuring the facility meets TLE's “Tour Ready” standards
- Marketing outreach within the community
- Management of teachers and primary caregivers as required by State regulations
- Conduct staff meetings
- Manage local and state licensing regulations and ensure state compliance and record keeping
- Serve as the primary Human Resources leader for the center, maintaining great morale and addressing staffing issues in a prompt and responsive manner
- Ensure appropriate center staffing, new hire training and on-going staff development
- Manage staff scheduling to meet compliance standards
- Enforce school policies and procedures
- Coordinate annual registration process
- Supervise and assist staff in enriching early childhood curriculum
- Regularly monitor each classroom and provide ongoing feedback to teachers
- Provide effective tours to potential families to drive enrollment
- Assist the Business Manager with payroll processing while ensuring the accuracy of time keeping systems
- Oversee the purchasing of supplies (including food) and parent billings and collections
The Center Director must comply with minimum standards, as set forth by company policies in addition to state and government regulations.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (in a child related field is a plus) or equivalent Child Care or Management experience.
- CDA is a plus.
- Satisfy the mandatory physical and background checks as required by the State and company regulations and procedures.
- First Aid Card (within first 90 days of employment)
- Infant CPR – (within first 90 days of employment)
- Understanding of marketing and general business procedures
- Ability to communicate company policies and procedures in a firm and clear manner to staff and parents
- Must meet applicable state Director Certification requirements
- 2+ years’ experience supervising staff in a child care center or related field
- Computer Proficiency with Microsoft Applications
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Solid business acumen, management, analytical, and problem-thinking skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends
- Possess skills, attributes and characteristics conducive to and suitable for dealing with children, parents, coworkers, clients and management.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
Competitive bonus program
CPR/First aid training
Continued professional development opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Childcare Center Director: 2 years
Required license or certification: